Thursday 8 May 2014

Sit quietly and do very little

Find some time to do very little

Perhaps read a book - try poetry because you can dip in and out more easily

Lost in a Book

I was once completely lost in a book
Honest – the story was really that good
They sent out a search party
But they couldn’t find me
They sent out the army and navy
But they couldn’t see me
They sent out sniffer dogs
But they couldn’t smell me
And they listened very carefully
But they just couldn’t hear me.

I finished the book
And came out of the story
They were so pleased
For now they had found me.
And why not tell us
Where you were going?
But stories are like that
There’s no way of knowing.
(C) 2013 David J. Mason 
Or listen to some music - try classical music (you may recognise the theme in this piece)

And from Goodreads quotes:

Marcus Aurelius“When you arise in the morning think of what
a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ...”

No comments:

Post a Comment